One of my favorite cocktails of all time is the Bloody Mary. There is nothing better than having this well-made cocktail to complement your favorite breakfast. Surprisingly this cocktail has also been known to help cure hangovers!
This cocktail was first concocted in the 1920s or 1930s no one really knows for sure since several people have claimed credit for creating this cocktail. The name Bloody Mary has several stories as to where it came from as well. We won’t go into that, but you can check out Wikipedia if you want to learn more.
In the beginning, the Bloody Mary was simply made by combining equal parts of vodka and tomato juice. The cocktail has evolved quite a bit since then and many bars make their own Bloody Mary mix, some are amazing while others are just OK. In addition to the Bloody Mary mix, you can add other ingredients to make this cocktail mild or spicy. Adding horseradish and some of Frank’s Red Hot can make this cocktail simply delicious!
If you are looking for a good mix pickup Zing Zang.
There are so many recipes, but here is one of my favorites:
- Rim a 12 oz glass with celery salt
- 6 oz Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix
- 5 oz vodka
- 1 Tsp Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tsp lemon juice
- Garnish options (use a few or all of them!): celery, stuffed green olives, bacon, shrimp, tater tots, pepperoncini, pickles, and anything else you can possibly think of!
Check out some of my other cocktail and food recipes!