Many guys don’t think about their shower routine. Probably because it’s routine. You shampoo your hair, skip the conditioner, wash your bod, shave your face (maybe your balls), rinse off and you’re done. The problem with this routine is that you’re probably shampooing daily and skipping the conditioner.
If you’re a young guy and have a full head of hair, then you probably don’t think too much about losing it, but shampooing daily is actually bad for your hair.
I have a high forehead, as my buddy calls it, a “five-head”, but I’ve had it with the widow’s peak since I was a kid. Over the years I’ve noticed that my five-head is turning into a six-head and after doing some research, I think the chemicals in my shampoo may be the reason why.
My mom taught me that shampooing my hair was part of my bath time routine. So every day for the past 40 years one of the contributing factors to my forehead getting larger are the chemicals I’m putting on my head.
Sodium Laureth Sulfate
There are tons of daily shampoos available and they say it right on the label that they are a “daily shampoo”. I’m going to tell you right now that regardless of what your mama taught you, shampooing your hair every day is bad.
Chemicals in Daily Shampoo and Conditioner
Almost every bottle of daily shampoo has the same ingredient, Sodium Laureth Sulfate. The sole purpose of this chemical is to create a lathering effect when you massage the shampoo in your hair. So, when you shampoo your hair daily, over time you’re going to experience the following effects:
- Irritated scalp – that burning itching scalp that you think is due to skipping a day washing your hair or you think is from having dandruff. Nope, it’s from your daily chemical treatment.
- Burning eyes – when you get the lather from your shampoo in your eyes and it starts to burn, that’s from the Sodium Laureth Sulfate.
- Clogs pours – If you have sensitive skin the chemical can clog your pours and cause you to break out with acne…regardless of how old you are!
- Lower your sperm count – If you want to have kids someday, you better find yourself a different shampoo. Over time this chemical will kill your little swimmers.
If you wash your hair every day with a shampoo that has Sodium Laureth Sulfate, you might as well be washing your hair with toilet bowl cleaner. OK, maybe not that extreme, but you get the idea.
If you think you’re off the hook by using a conditioner and skipping the shampoo, you’re going to find that Sodium Laureth Sulfate and other unnatural ingredients are in your conditioner too.
You’re Not Completely Screwed
Ok, so there are nasty chemicals in just about every bottle of shampoo and conditioner out there. Nobody tells you these things because most people don’t care to look it up.
You typically go to the store take a whiff of shampoos and buy the one that smells the best. Maybe you go with the label that says, “safe for all hair types” or the “all in one” bottle because you’re lazy and it’s easier to wash everything with just one bottle.
Here’s the deal. There is a safe and all-natural alternative to all of those other brands out there. If you want to smell like a man, stay healthy (God knows we don’t need to be threatened by anything else to make us sick), and save some money, you need to start using Dr Squatch Shampoo and Conditioner.
This stuff is 100% natural and is sulfate and paraben-free. This means that you are safe using this stuff every day and it’s not going to irritate your skin or your eyes, and it’s actually going to keep you healthier!
After you start using Dr. Squatch you’ll notice an improvement in your hair in about a month or so. You won’t see a change overnight, but you will see the difference in a fairly short amount of time. This shampoo and conditioner are the nearest things to miraculous for your hair!
Got the Ruff?
Now, I need to preface this with, “I’m not a doctor, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express”, so this is based on my own personal experience.
Last year I had a hell of a time getting rid of my dandruff. I had so many white flakes on my shoulder that it looked like Christmas in July. Yeah, it was embarrassing.
I resorted to a dandruff shampoo and although it worked to get rid of it after a month, my hair wasn’t soft like it used to be. Probably because it dried the hell out of my hair since it stripped all of the natural (good) oils in my hair.
After I got the ruff under control, I started looking for a shampoo and conditioner that didn’t have all the shit chemicals. That’s when I found Dr. Squatch.
So, I’ve been using it for the past year, and guess what? No more dandruff, no more itchy scalp, and my hair is soft and healthy again.
I know that I sound like a freaking shampoo commercial, but seriously this stuff is that good!
Instructions for Shampooing Your Hair
It’s time to forget everything mommy and daddy taught you about washing your hair. If you follow these simple instructions, you’ll be on your way to having a healthy head of hair and may even miraculously transform your overall well-being.
- Order Dr Squatch Shampoo and a bottle of the Daily Conditioner.
- Apply a small amount in your hand (I squeeze out about a quarter size amount, more if you have longer hair) and massage it onto your head. Remember to massage it into your scalp with your fingertips. This helps invigorate your scalp which promotes hair growth, and it feels good. Even without the Sodium Laureth Sulfate, this stuff produces a great lather!
- Rinse it out and then massage the conditioner in your hair. Leave it in your hair until you’re ready to get out of the shower, then rinse it out. The longer you leave it in, the better.
- Don’t wash your hair again for two or three days but remember to condition your hair every day.
You’re probably thinking why the hell am I telling you not to wash your hair every day? Well, even with a safe and all-natural shampoo, if you wash your hair every day, you’re stripping your hair of the natural oils that help keep your hair and scalp healthy. However, you want to condition your hair daily. The conditioner actually will help keep your hair clean on your off days.
Dr. Squatch Knows What’s Good for You
When you receive your bottles of Dr. Squatch shampoo and conditioner one of the first things you’ll notice about the bottles is the size.
The shampoo bottle is smaller than the conditioner. There is a reason for this. If you’ve followed my instructions then you should only be shampooing every few days, so you don’t need as much shampoo. However, you are expected to condition your hair every day. So, don’t get pissed off thinking you got ripped off with the smaller bottle.
Dr Squatch Shampoo Ingredients
The Dr. Squatch Shampoo has a subtle and refreshing scent, that they call Cypress Coast. It’s the type of scent that reminds you of summer all year long. The ingredients include the following:
- Nettle – This is a flowering plant that has some pretty healthy effects on the body. It has a long history of supporting upper respiratory health and has positive effects on prostate function.
Using it on your hair will bring nothing but good things to your life. Don’t just take my word for it, William Shakespeare wrote, “‘Tis dangerous to take a cold, to sleep, to drink, but I tell you, out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety” (I Henry IV, Act II Scene 3)
- Comfrey Leaf – The comfrey leaf has been used since Roman times and has healing properties that help stimulate skin and hair growth. If you’re losing your hair, this shampoo may become your new best friend!
- Tea Tree – Tea tree oil helps prevent the buildup of chemicals and dead skin cells. This is the stuff that really keeps your hair healthy and moisturized. And it smells pretty good too.
The only thing that pairs perfectly with Dr Squatch Shampoo is the Dr Squatch Daily Conditioner has a more invigorating scent, called Cool Citrus (probably for its citrusy scent. It’s the kind of smell that wakes you up and gets you excited to put this stuff in your hair. The ingredients include the following:
- Calendula – This natural oil also helps promote hair growth and hydrates your scalp. This also helps to remove dandruff and the overall condition of your scalp. And that’s why it’s so good to use it every day!
- Peppermint – You all know what peppermint is, but this is what gives you the invigorating and tingly feeling on your scalp. Plus, it helps promote hair growth.
- Clary Sage – This is yet another oil that helps to promote hair growth and eliminates dandruff. Again, this is why you want to use this conditioner every day!
New Fresh Falls Shampoo & Conditioner
Dr. Squatch recently added a new scent to their grooming lineup.
Fresh Falls is a relaxing scent that will whisk you away to a secluded waterfall in the mountains. It will remind you of the time when you were bathing and splashing around with all of your favorite Sports Illustrated swimsuit models. And even if you don’t recall that memory, you will once you start using Fresh Falls.
You should now have a better understanding of why you should avoid shampoos with Sodium Laureth Sulfate, and you know how to properly wash your hair.
Using a 100% natural shampoo and conditioner will not only help tackle your snow globe of a head, but it will ultimately help you live a little longer. Dr. Squatch knows what they are doing and when they made their shampoo and conditioner, they took the best ingredients and turned them into something magical.